Humber River Trail June 8
Outdoor Ontario

Humber River Trail June 8

Ally · 14 · 926

Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Haven't been out for a few days, the Grackles and blackbirds are really upset with me being there. I guess lots of young birds fledged. So many taking baths.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Are we still doing the two colored birds in the same frame?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
I had a lot of fun with the yellows today.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
First time got 2 yellows together, not fighting
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
The black and white was cooperative, but I can not say the same about the Yellow butterfly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Shortsighted

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1705
A hilarious set of avian ablutions. The blackbird full head dunk, the Yellow warbler
with cheek pressed against the surface of the water ... priceless. I've always loved
shots of bird with a water backdrop, such as the cardinal and B&W. Splendid shot of
a Giant Swallowtail. I've seen three of them in the past week but no pictures. You
got an excellent profile and full-wing. Your hyper-contrast issue seems to be reigned-in.
You are certainly breathing life into the forum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Quote from: "Shortsighted"
A hilarious set of avian ablutions. The blackbird full head dunk, the Yellow warbler
with cheek pressed against the surface of the water ... priceless. I've always loved
shots of bird with a water backdrop, such as the cardinal and B&W. Splendid shot of
a Giant Swallowtail. I've seen three of them in the past week but no pictures. You
got an excellent profile and full-wing. Your hyper-contrast issue seems to be reigned-in.
You are certainly breathing life into the forum.
Thank you, you are always so kind and encouraging. I found one more shot of the Giant Swallowtail that I like.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


lovemypt

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 860
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/108953252@N02/
Ally

Your lucky to still be seeing B&W warbler, they normally don't stay down in this area in summer much...but then it sure hasn't been a normal spring for weather!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Quote from: "lovemypt"
Ally

Your lucky to still be seeing B&W warbler, they normally don't stay down in this area in summer much...but then it sure hasn't been a normal spring for weather!
Yes Dave. I was surprised to see that bird too. So cooperative, in fact, so busy today make me wonder which month it is. But the variety and so many leaves reminded me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Howieh

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 972
Keep em coming Ally, they're really nice - btw, I think your butterfly is an Eastern Tiger swallowtail. "Ablution" - now there's one for my word life list! I was going to challenge Shortsighted to a game of Scrabble but I don't want to end up in one of your ablution photos so I think I'll pass!

If you haven't given up on attracting hummingbirds to your yard there's still plenty of time to put out a feeder (I use the standard Perky Pet and a 4 to 1 ratio, water to sugar). My back yard is small and flowerless(?) but I've still got 3 regulars and the fledglings should arrive before the end of June. The regulars come to feed and usually head back to the woods across the street but once they find the feeder the fledglings tend to hang around and they can be very entertaining, chasing each other around, chasing other birds, preening, etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Quote from: "Howieh"
Keep em coming Ally, they're really nice - btw, I think your butterfly is an Eastern Tiger swallowtail. "Ablution" - now there's one for my word life list! I was going to challenge Shortsighted to a game of Scrabble but I don't want to end up in one of your ablution photos so I think I'll pass!

If you haven't given up on attracting hummingbirds to your yard there's still plenty of time to put out a feeder (I use the standard Perky Pet and a 4 to 1 ratio, water to sugar). My back yard is small and flowerless(?) but I've still got 3 regulars and the fledglings should arrive before the end of June. The regulars come to feed and usually head back to the woods across the street but once they find the feeder the fledglings tend to hang around and they can be very entertaining, chasing each other around, chasing other birds, preening, etc.

Wow, what a sight! I still haven't found a good feeder. I ordered one online a week ago, and they said they will send me an email when they ship it, still waiting for that email. I guess I will serve sugar ice cubes this winter for the blue jays and chickadees :roll:  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Dinusaur

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1434
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/60250038@N02/
And my feeder stays empty of Hummingbirds - they are missing out of the fresh sugar solutions I keep putting up.

Wonderful imaged from Humber trail Ally, keep them coming.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Quote from: "Dinusaur"
And my feeder stays empty of Hummingbirds - they are missing out of the fresh sugar solutions I keep putting up.

Wonderful imaged from Humber trail Ally, keep them coming.
Thanks for the encouragement. on my way out now
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »


Ally

  • Old Timer
  • *****
    • Posts: 1917
Quote from: Howieh
Keep em coming Ally, they're really nice - btw, I think your butterfly is an Eastern Tiger swallowtail. "Ablution" - now there's one for my word life list! I was going to challenge Shortsighted to a game of Scrabble but I don't want to end up in one of your ablution photos so I think I'll pass!

If you haven't given up on attracting hummingbirds to your yard there's still plenty of time to put out a feeder (I use the standard Perky Pet and a 4 to 1 ratio, water to sugar). My back yard is small and flowerless(?) but I've still got 3 regulars and the fledglings should arrive before the end of June. The regulars come to feed and usually head back to the woods across the street but once they find the feeder the fledglings tend to hang around and they can be very entertaining, chasing each other around, chasing other birds, preening, etc.

Wow, what a sight! I still haven't found a good feeder. I ordered one online a week ago, and they said they will send me an email when they ship it, still waiting for that email. I guess I will serve sugar ice cubes this winter for the blue jays and chickadees <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->  <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->


I said ice cubes and there they were! Didn't make the connection until today.