Cold Cell - Thunderstorm watch ... finally
Outdoor Ontario

Cold Cell - Thunderstorm watch ... finally

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
July weather was dominated by searing sunlight and a mostly clear Claritin sky, also serving up a cloying humidity as the soup du jour. The daily forecast was reiteration ad nauseam and my wont to reference the exterior thermometer was a habit lost to monotony.

The recent transition into August came with some temporary relief from July’s tropical burden. It delivered frisky skies, mountains of whipped-cream-cumulus constructs that drifted as icebergs in the deep blue. Still more interesting, even dramatic, was the sudden arrival of threatening dork matter that blocked out the sun and drained its cargo by deluge. That inclemency may have provided an opportunity for some striking photography, but I was unavailable to pursue possible possibilities because I was too busy looking up the meaning of tautology. Nonetheless, a belligerent and marauding COLD CELL attacked the front door with thunderous protestations that made the dust mites hide. The heavens eventually jettisoned the bowed floodgates while I applauded the event. Just prior to that catharsis I witnessed very little nuance in the sky, just abrupt blotches of light and dark, thus seeing things in B&W. Was that shortsighted of me?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »

Axeman

• Old Timer
It's the wrong time for rain.

Don't count summer out...she's still got some heat in her.

Fireflies, and nesting birds are 2020 memories. Soon Canada Geese will carry summer away. And then it will be 6 months of snow. I feel like the great Canadian poet,  Red Green. It is winter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »