Photo art-filter (part - 2)
Outdoor Ontario

Photo art-filter (part - 2)

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
    • Email
If there are too many pixels in the image it might negate the effect delivered by deploying a PS filter and you would need to zoom into the image to even detect its effect. In some instances, even without preliminary cropping, the application of very heavy post processing can make a photo resemble a painting (boosting contrast and saturation).

Marsh Mellow printed and framed to resemble a realist painting.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:41:52 pm by Shortsighted »

Paul O'Toole

• Old Timer
    • Email
Love the framed shot, very nice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
    • Email
Framed photographs are usually treated with a blank matte around the perimeter but the posted shot fancifully titled “Marsh Mellow” was processed with PS filters to resemble a realist painting and therefore the photo was extended right up to the gilt frame as would be routine treatment for a painting. I wasn’t in complete control of the project because it was done on my behalf as a favour for having let someone use a few of my bird photographs free of charge. He wanted to print a half dozen shots onto canvas and then hang them in his rec room. I guess framing my landscape shot was in lieu of payment. I already had the frame for the project so it was just a matter of printing onto canvas.
I generally do not frame photos, filtered or otherwise, because the cost of printing and framing is just nuts. The only other times I did it was as a gift for my son who was/is into medieval history. One such fanciful example entitled “The King’s Men” comprised a flooded scene photographed in a local park and then integrated in post-processing with tiny medieval soldiers obtained from a toy store . A frame was chosen that had a minimalist design to go with the theme.

THE KING'S MEN
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »