Planet X
Outdoor Ontario

Planet X

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
Orbiting a star 11 light years from our sun is planet X. It is a world with a thick atmosphere and ice as medium. It's albedo is not as high as you might expect because there is life growing on the ice. How do I know this you might ask? Because I created it ... nah,ha,ha!

Actually, the star field is the ice sheet on the window that I photographed this morning after the sun shone directly through it and revealed punctilious lights and spectral shifts. The ice was under-exposed several f-stops so that only the points of light remained. The planet is a marble. One of the ones that fell out of my head. I don't need it. I have plenty more rattling around in there. Now, if I only had a space ship.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:44:11 pm by Shortsighted »

Dinusaur

• Old Timer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/60250038@N02/
Well done SS, really like the idea of producing this gem. By the way, it is not the X planet, but the physicists have found the evidence of X particle in CERN, Geneva. I wonder if they employed the same technique as SS did to create one.

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
Planet X is meant to be the Greek letter chi, the 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet. It represents the time, measured as 22 earth years, that would elapse before reaching this planet (from the earth) when traveling at half the speed of light, which is the greatest speed we will ever achieve, according to Isaac Asimov. Now, I dare say that marble head's interpretation of what planet X looks like when seen from a distance of 100,000 kilometers and illuminated by it's parent star Ross 128 is based purely on maniacal imagination and fantastical whimsy and perhaps a few more of those most delightful aspects of mental aberration. If you don't kike it, we can step outside. You use the front door and I'll slink out the back door and we will never speak of it again. Deal?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:44:30 pm by Shortsighted »

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
Faster than light-speed space travel will not likely be realized by utilizing worm-holes, or tears in space-time. Astronomers and astrophysicists have concluded that the fabric of space-time is made from a self-sealing synthetic material called Gluon (not quite like Rayon, Dacron or Nylon), which collapses the theory of a possible rip in the space-time continuum.
So, there's that to consider ... I'm just saying.
But, no worries, mate ... just carry on as if I wasn't completely mental.
Gluon sounds like a typical trade name. Something you could probably acquire for $19.95 from a low-budget TV promotion. Perhaps even double the quantity and only paying a separate handling charge.
Ya, right! As if anyone would order Gluon when the whole universe is already full of it. Personally, I wouldn't consider getting any of it because I'm already full of it. I'm just saying.

Charline

• Old Timer
Are you going to photograph the conjunction of 4 planets and the crescent moon tomorrow morning?

I am still debating if and where I should go.

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
No. I can't go anywhere.SE sky ... rising sun ... near the lake ... you know, the big one ... good luck  ... not that you need it ... maybe a buddy to keep you warm. Oh ya, I almost forgot ... bring a tripod ... something to trip over and look like a dork ... not that there will be anyone else there to see you being clumsy. I just had a good laugh thinking about it ... sorry, didn't mean to be mean. hee,hee,hee.

Howieh

• Old Timer
I just got a close look at my male hummingbird and he does look a bit like a drone!...maybe from Planet X...

https://birdsarentreal.com/pages/the-history

Are we all being duped??

Btw, I went outside an hour before sunrise on April 30 and took a few shots of Venus and Jupiter with (what's left) of my SX50. I thought they would appear closer together and Jupiter was protecting her moons like a mother bear protects her cubs so only two were barely visible.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:01:18 am by Howieh »