The Good, the Bad and the Rusty
Outdoor Ontario

Shortsighted

• Old Timer

Confrontation is unavoidable. Whether it occurs between genders, siblings, or egos, there comes a time when a face-to-face standoff defines the day, when spectators gather in anticipation of bloodshed and the soundtrack takes a turn toward a Morricone spaghetti western. I miss westerns.     
These blackbirds appear unarmed. Of course they’re unarmed … cuz they have wings … dah! I don’t anticipate injury. Besides, no matter how this standoff unfolds the combatants are a little rusty. I like to capture this kind of confrontation at ground level much as these Desperados see things. Getting to that position clearly shows me that I’m a little rusty too. Should I be here, at this moment, to serve as witness, or does the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle invalidate this standoff?

Is this really a standoff at all? Perhaps just an exchange of gossip. Maybe a clandestine rendezvous of sorts, maybe a collaborative evaluation of this clown with the camera. You be the judge. You always are!

Ally

• Old Timer
I envy them, at least they have met you. With those sharp eyes too.

Dinusaur

• Old Timer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/60250038@N02/

.... Should I be here, at this moment, to serve as witness, or does the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle invalidate this standoff?

Uncertainty Principle? Bring it on. No it didn't invalidate the standoff, but your observation of these two lovely birds certainly changed their state without you knowing it.