Foxes and Rabbits
Outdoor Ontario

Foxes and Rabbits

Axeman

• Old Timer
I wish life were like Disney....where the foxes and bunnies could get along...

I love seeing both the foxes and the bunnies....for the past few years we've had a fox den out in front of our house...last year we were fortunate enough to have 2 fox dens on our property and not that far from each other either....maybe 600 m or so apart....but there were absolutely no rabbits about...none at all....I had a feeling that our resident foxes had decided to move on in the spring when we started seeing bunnies again...first a couple...and now there are hundreds of tiny little bunnies all over....and....at first I was delighted....but I'm noticing that they're eating EVERYTHING they shouldn't be....they're on my deck eating potted plants....I planted roses for my wife in a planter and well they picked the one bush I could find that was labelled as moderate scent (everything else this year was light)....they ate the buds...they ate the leaves....sigh....at least the foxes didn't eat the plants.

Dr. John

• Old Timer
Well it's great that you got to see both.  Hope that the foxes come back again to save your plants.

Ally

• Old Timer
This morning, at 6:15ish,  a fox ran by my door, so it's not that I don't have foxes here,  they are just early risers

Axeman

• Old Timer
earlier this afternoon I saw a wee wee little bunny skip past me.....it was so cute.....but they're eating the rose garden I put in for my wife a few weeks ago after 18 years of nagging......UGGGGGHHHHH

Ally

• Old Timer
Good for her!! I have a Graham Thomas now, obsessed with the blooms.

Axeman

• Old Timer
Oh boy....you posted that to taunt me didn't you lol