Apparently Bears Pretty Active This Year
Outdoor Ontario

Apparently Bears Pretty Active This Year

Axeman · 10 · 156

Axeman

• Old Timer
Caught this one up by the side of our road, up in Parry Sound area (McKellar)....

Axeman

• Old Timer
Oh I was so excited to see it that I rolled the vehicle....I didn't post pic sideways...I was sideways when I took it.

Ummm.....how come pic is sideways?

Ally

• Old Timer
Oh I was so excited to see it that I rolled the vehicle....I didn't post pic sideways...I was sideways when I took it.

Ummm.....how come pic is sideways?
Awww, are you alive? And is he?

Axeman

• Old Timer
lol no I didn't REALLY roll the car....it was a joke about the sideways pic....I don't understand why it's sideways. Bear took off as soon as I backed up to take a better pic.

Ally

• Old Timer
I meant from encountering a bear. hahaha . Somehow in my mind bears are more dangerous than Coyote.

Axeman

• Old Timer
I was surprised at how timid it was particularly in light of its size....and the funny part was it ran into brush and hid behind a bush....peeking out at us...and I'm thinking "You know we can still see you, right?"

Ally

• Old Timer
I was surprised at how timid it was particularly in light of its size....and the funny part was it ran into brush and hid behind a bush....peeking out at us...and I'm thinking "You know we can still see you, right?"

Hahahac I am gigling even imagine the scene.

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
 I guess that bears, at least black bears, are much like politicians that display bare essential behavior. They can’t be trusted and they often hide behind a fenestrated non-sequitur, hoping that we won’t see, or at least we won’t dwell on what they’ve been caught doing. Both are easily frightened. Black bears are easily misled and sometimes run from their shadow. Admittedly that mostly happens when they eat mushrooms. Politicians are afraid of not getting re-elected and sometimes the stuff that comes out of their mouth makes me think that they too have been into the magic mushrooms. Still, you paint an amusing picture of a massive black bear hiding behind shrub. How does the shrub feel about it?

Axeman

• Old Timer
Ouch lol ummm....

As for the shrub, it was still there last weekend no worse for wear.

Birding up there is a little bit of a let down....

Shortsighted

• Old Timer
Birding is bad?  I'm stuck in the house. I've checked every room thoroughly ... no birds at all. Heck, I've even checked the woodlot across the street. Dead! I spotted something colourful but couldn't quite see it without stepping through dense verdure. It was just a sign that read "Go back inside loser". So I did. Bird ... just a four letter word.